Join Our Practical Nursing Program in Alton, IL
With a welcoming atmosphere, exceptional personal service, small class sizes, and one-on-one attention. Our Practical Nursing program has no general education courses, just the courses you need to work in the field. Since our classes are Monday through Thursday, you the ability to attend school and work weekends. Call or Text 618-474-0616 to get additional information!
We are currently not accepting applications for the Practical Nursing Program at this time.
- Reach out and let us know your interested in the Practical Nursing program by completing the online form. Make sure you select Alton as the campus and Practical Nursing as the program.
- Download our Practical Nursing Application and email the completed application.
- Once the first two steps have been completed, our Admissions Representative will contact you and provided you information on how to:
- Register for our next TEAS® Entrance Exam.
- How to provided additional information to use included transcripts and references.
- What the next steps in the application process will be.
Are you a compassionate, self-directed and responsible person? Then nursing is for you! The PN program integrates theory, lab and clinical experience to give graduates the necessary knowledge and skill base to prepare for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN®).
CALC’s Practical Nursing program is a 15-month program requiring attendance full-time, 30 hours per week from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The terms are comprised of four 15-week terms and one 5-week term. This final term provides a comprehensive review to prepare students for the NCLEX-PN.
For clinical experiences, the student needs to be available 24/7 during the program. Breaks and holidays are scheduled periodically throughout the program. This program is offered only at the Alton, IL campus. Please Contact our Admissions Office for more information about class times and the admissions process.
Requirements to apply to the LPN Program
- 18 years of age or older
- Proof of High School Diploma or GED
- Please contact our Alton, IL campus at (618) 474-0616 for further information about this program.
Practical Nursing – Course Outline
TERM 1 COURSES
- PN102- Anatomy and Physiology
- PN130- Electronic Health Records
- PN111- Fundamentals of Nursing
TERM 2 COURSES
- PN103- Essential Math for Pharmacology
- PN120- Pharmacology
- PN122- Practical Nursing I
TERM 3 COURSES
- PN121 – Lifespan Growth & Development
- PN124 – Psychiatric Nursing
- PN125 – Practical Nursing II
TERM 4 COURSES
- PN131 – Nursing Care for Older Adults
- PN132 – Maternal – Child Nursing
- PN133 – Community Health Nursing
- PN140 – Issues & Leadership for LPN
TERM 5 COURSES
- PN145 – Clinical Review